Friday, July 15, 2011

Mouthful of sky

Remember the best times,
The laughter, the song.
The good life I lived while I was strong.
I could run to the end of rainbow,
Collect the colors in my palm.
fragrance in pockets, stars in the eyes
Earth in hair & mouthful of sky

The world looks different
from the hospital bed
bleached clouds
like the ghosts of icebergs.
Sky colored sky,
the sun dropped in blood
streaked splendour like a public execution.
The kid is itching,
fragrance in pockets, stars in the eyes
Earth in hair & mouthful of sky.

My mind is at ease,
my soul is at rest.
The loss of a limb
Wouldn't feel the same
The phantom pains
With none to blame.
visitors, like fish,
stink after three days.
love, loss, Rain,
aloneness, fear, pain,
desires, needs & separate ways.

incessant rains, Windows sill
White sheets, distant green hills.
Dead dreams dropping off the heart
like leaves in a dry season,
rotting around the feet.
past is the only dead thing
that smells sweet.
fragrance in pockets, stars in the eyes
Earth in hair & mouthful of sky.

No comments: